Sunday, April 18, 2010

What is it with kids and water?


My kids love water. Mad about it! Last Sunday afternoon, the kids while playing outside in my father's garden had a flash of inspiration to change into their swimming costumes to just prepare themselves just in case they get wet when they play by the fish pond. The original idea was to climb up the pond stone steps to sit at the flowing water. I don't know why you need goggles for that! So I knew deep in mind that they have another plan. Yup! To soak themselves in the pond, what else. See what happens below...


Zarif, all geared up... with goggles no joke!


A little bit of Koi theraphy.


Big sis Nayli, not about to miss the fun.


Wait, hang on Zarif, how did you get to this side of the pond? Oh, yes that's my plate of  Spaghetti Carbonara, thought I'd have an early dinner while watching over the kids. Zaim is inside, taking his bath, oblivious to this "party" by the "pool" or else, he'd definitely be joining in too.


Zarif is actually jumping into the pond! Ok, here's the thing, the pond is actually filled with Koi fish and a couple of huge horrifyingly dark black Catfish, I myself would be rather reluctant to dip any of my body part into the murky dark water, but these two kids? Hmmm, as soon as I gave them the green light, they were like, really, serious Mama, we can jump in?... Debush!!! In they went!


Happy like a Hippo! (They make really scrawny hippos though don't they?)


In and out they went, again...


and again.


Lounging in the pond now, taking a breather I presume until... oh! oh!


Hey! What are you kids doing in MY FISH POND! .... 
here comes Atuk Abah (Grandpa) from his gardening outside the house.


Perhaps they are negotiating with their Grandpa....

Not quite! He's actually trying to diplomatically persuade them to get out until their grandmother found out about this and said, hey kids do you want to get rashes all over? GET OUT OF THE POND NOW!!! Now, WHO LET THEM IN??? Ok, my story ends here! :-D

7 comments:

superheroes' mom said...

Kids!!!! *rolling eyes heavenwards* bau hanyir pun tak kesah. ah, the simple joys of childhood....

Lady of Leisure said...

wahhhh hehehhe mandi dengan ikan ikan gitu hehehhehe...

ERMAYUM said...

hehe budak budak kan kita masa kecik 2 masuk parit eeeeee lagi kotor heheh

Eti said...

SHM, serious jijik ok air kolam tu!!! He!he! kids will be kids!!! Memang seronok jadi budak2 nie ek???

Lady L, mandi dgn ikan2 dan bak kata my mom, sisa2 yg klua dari ikan too... yuck! :-D

Ermayum, diorang nie pikir seronok dia je... kan???

screamingmommy said...

suka betul ur kids main air..dekat pond pun blh swimming:)

TK said...

Hi! Just came from screamingmommy. Cutenya your kids..mandi dgn ikan..Children just love water so much..I pun..hehe

Eti said...

Hi TK, thanks for dropping by. Yes they love water, actually I pun but then I wouldn't jump into the pond la... eeww! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails