Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ribs & Caesar Salad tonight.


For dinner tonight I decided to cook the ribs that we got from last weekend's Eid Al-Adha Korban. Just look at the size of the ribs! Unfortunately there were not much meat on it, but I decided to roast them anyhow.


Marinated with Smoky BBQ sauce, rosemary, black pepper and salt. 


Par boiled some potatoes and toss them together with the ribs in the oven. 
Found some leftover mushrooms and carrots in the fridge, added those to the roasting pan too.
 


As expected, the meat was very little, good thing I had some frozen baked pasta 
and broccoli soup as side dishes.


Oh, and I made Caesar Salad for the first time ever!

I totally love San Francisco Coffee's Caesar Salad (why SFC particularly?, well simply because it's in my office building and it's a quick take away for my late lunches after gym). I found romaine lettuce (or cos lettuce) at the supermarket this morning, so I decided to try the dressing recipe that I found online sometime last week. I thought it turned out well, at least the kids loved it.

Caesar Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
3/4 cup mayonnaise or less
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove of garlic minced (1 used 2 cloves)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese ( I have no idea what this C meant, so  I just added as much as I liked the taste)
1 tbsp of milk ( I also added as much as it felt right)

I also added a couple of squirts of mustard and a dash of olive oil


Method:

Mix all ingredients together and I blitzed with my trusty hand blender. Chill before serving.
Serve the lettuce chilled too, and throw in some home made croutons in the end before serving. Divine!



Croutons

Ingredients:
A few pieces of bread.
Remove crusts, but I find that it's wasteful to do so, leave it in if you don't mind crusts.
Spread with garlic infused olive oil before dicing.
Roast in the oven or pan-fry without oil.
Leave to cool before serving.

***********
So how did my family enjoy the meal?


Like this.




And this...


This one just loves to be photographed! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails