Monday, February 28, 2011

Roasted Beef and Vegetables.



One Saturday afternoon when I was rummaging my freezer looking for stuff to cook I found a container filled with beef. I had no idea when I bought them and how long it has been in the freezer. Since we also bought some beef that morning, I thought of quickly using up my surprise find. Googling for a recipe I decided to try a roast beef recipe. I also bought some sweet potatoes at the market, so I roasted the sweet potatoes and some cauliflower.


I roasted the cauliflower first since they were the easiest to prepare. I just tossed them on the baking tray with some sprinkling of salt, pepper and dashes of olive oil, oh and some grated cheese.


The Beef.


Once the sweet potatoes were ready to go into the oven, I placed them next to the cauli.


The beef were first browned in the pan with some salt and pepper and in olive oil.

Then the beef were removed. Proceed with sauteing onions in the fat that is left in the pan.
Once the onions softened, add the beef, add beef stock, a tablespoon of flour. 


Remove from heat and roast the beef in the oven.
I turned the beef halfway to ensure that they're evenly cooked.


The sweet potatoes, took a little longer to cook, so I scooped out the cauliflowers first.


The cauliflower is served garnished with some parsely.


The yummy sweet potatoes.


Roasting goodness.


All done, self sauced roast beef.


Lunch is served.

3 comments:

ShaSha said...

arghh..sedap seh...Eti, bila nak panggil kita orang makan2 ek? pasai pa rajin sangat masak beef..huhu i x bleh nampak..tempted giler....haha...

Eti said...

Shasha, hubby I mmg suka beef, tak selali, cuma posting je belated giler itu yg bertindih2tu...

diyana said...

omgggg....looks so delish!!! dang woman you sure are a good cook! i think im gonna try this beef recipe.. yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails