Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou


a.k.a George Michael

This is my favourie artist ever. He has to be! Since, I still listen to his songs and his albums!! Almost all his albums, apart from Wham, which I don't have (which I'm thinking now, maybe I should!). I bet after his unforgettable Wham - Careless Whisper era, many people don't remember or are not even familiar with his other hits. Ok, accept for my girls from CS batch '91... you know who you are.


Girls, remember the FAITH album? Sigh! Swoon! and Sigh! Beryl I hope you are reading this... Yes, thank you I still have that magazine cut out of him that you stuck in my autograph book! Divine!!! I love all the songs in FAITH, and remember the words by heart (well, actually not just Faith album, he!he!).


 I got this album... Listen without Prejudice when I was at Uni. This was a much awaited album, after years of him not producing any, after his major episode with his previous record label SONY I think. 


A few years after that I fell in love all over again with a more mature, sophisticated and refined George Michael in OLDER.


He was quite again after that, without any albums for so long. He did come out with some greatest hits collection like this one, but I didn't get it cause I have all the greatest hits already!

Lastly, I got this one, just maybe a year or two ago... I think. Now, I share my love for his songs with hubby, who grew to appreciate his voice too! He thinks, GM's songs are easy listening and good to listen to while driving... yeah, ok honey, as long as I can listen to GM when you are in the car with me :-). (Though he is not thoroughly acceptable about GM's ummm unusual preference, if you know what I'm saying. But I always tell him... just appreciate his voice, his songs and his talent... who cares about his miscellaneous activities!).

Patience is a 2004 album by George Michael. The much delayed follow-up to Older, it was very successful, debuting at number 1 on the UK Albums Chart, and at number 2 in Australia on March 22, 2004. The work become one of the fastest selling albums in the UK, selling over 200,000 copies in the first week alone. The record reached the Top 5 on most European charts, and peaked at number 12 in the United States. It is considered as the album of George Michael's comeback to the spotlight in the new millennium, receiving a great critical acclaim. (Source: Wikipedia)

I shall end this tribute to my favourite artist ever with my all time favourite hit... One More Try from the Faith Album. Hope you like it. If this is your first time listening to it, let me know what you think.
     The song was the fourth of six singles to be released from George's debut solo album Faith. A ballad at six minutes in length, the song lyrically explored Michael's unwillingness to return to a new relationship because he had been emotionally hurt so many times previously. The song concludes with temptation taking over, and Michael ends by singing the title for the only time.
"One More Try" remained a live favourite at Michael's concerts in the years which followed, although its radio airplay tends to be restricted to specific "Love Songs"-esque features because of both the tempo and the length.(Source: Wikipedia)


3 comments:

CiKaYu said...

terngiang-ngiang..lagu careless whisper...my fav song ever..

Drama Mama said...

amboi lahhh...panjang betoi nama dia! hehehe...tapi sedap lagu tu.

http://twinkywinkystars.blogspot.com

ERMAYUM said...

i suka suara dia but not a fan la but boleh layan - maybe i taksuka sebab dia bukan lelaki sejati heheh

Related Posts with Thumbnails