Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are you a gold digga?

A razor blade? Well, readers who aren't familiar with the Malay idiom of being a gold digger - in Malay a gold digger is nicknamed a razor blade (Pisau Cukur). There is even a Malay movie titled so. I watched it quite sometime ago, but just has not had the time to blog about it.

My thoughts about the movie - Hilarious and so OTT! I liked it!
If you have not seen it, well imagine, Clueless meets Legally Blonde, just the Malay version. 

The Story:

What happens when prey and predator are both trapped on a luxury cruise ship? Two gold digging girls, Bella and Intan, come face to face with three Datuks, three Datuk's wives, two Datuk's children, one private detective and one diehard fan of Bella's. Who are the predators and who are the prey? On a voyage that's full of surprises, anything can happen!


Maya Karin - she played her part well and she looked so slim and pretty!


Fazura - well this girl was a natural.


L to R: Aaron Aziz (current Malay dreamboat I guess, cute!), Fazura,
Maya Karin and Bernard Chauly the director.

For more check out their official website.

Lines from the movie to remember... Oh my Gucci!

6 comments:

ERMAYUM said...

i pun tak tgk lagi but baca gak good review dia - lagipun director dia ok kan drama dia gincu n goll tu kan pun ok so should be film ok la
;0

Eti said...

Erma,

If you like G&G you'd enjoy this movie.

diana sidek said...

oh my gucci!oh my prada! o my jimmy choo!

i rasa those lines lawak gila. that part mmg i tergelak sgt.. but overall eti, i mcm frust jugak dgn cite ni..i rasa g&g lg better kot..i rasa lah..hih

Eti said...

AS much as I don't like saying it, Diana...

at the end of the day... any local production must be watched with a pinch of salt (don't expect too much, laaa...).Kira ok lah tu... :-(

ladyLOVESleisure said...

Hi Eti :)
i pun baru tgk last week, my friend lent me the DVD, mmg hilarious and the catch-phrase Oh my Gucci tu mmg catchy betul sampai i pun ikut sama cakap hehehe. my husband yg usually tak heran sgt citer melayu sebab dia suka citer action2 pun naik suka pisau cukur. dia siap tgk kat youTube during lunch!

CiKaYu said...

lum tgk...my frens kata bestttttt....

Related Posts with Thumbnails